Updated October 15, 2021
Following Step 3 of Saskatchewan's Re-Opening Roadmap, the Operations and Service Delivery Division of SaskBuilds and Procurement remains committed to supporting effective building operations and maintenance including regular management of cleaning contracts.
Below are SaskBuilds and Procurement's actions to ensure appropriate cleaning in government-occupied workspaces, both owned and leased:
- All Building Managers continue to maintain a “rolling supply” of hand soap and towels.
- It is up to individual office occupants to supply their own hand sanitizer.
- SaskBuilds and Procurement’s Building Managers will continue to facilitate deep cleaning, disinfection and fogging, as requested by ministries with costs to be billed back to the client. In addition, specific program areas can reach out to arrange for enhanced cleaning measures for their spaces at an additional cost.
- SaskBuilds and Procurement uses the highest quality HVAC filter systems in our current operations, which are all designed, installed, and maintained based on engineering specifications. This includes preventative maintenance of HVAC systems and proper and regular replacement of all filters.
The cleaning contract does not include surface cleaning of individual workstations. Employees are responsible for cleaning and disinfecting their desks and desktop equipment. Items that employees are responsible to clean include:
Back to main COVID-19 page
- surfaces in an employee cubicle or office;
- items such as keyboards, computer accessories, phones, photocopiers and printers; and
- personal items.
SaskBuilds and Procurement's Building Managers are responsible for managing all building leases, including day use leases. The Building Manager is the key contact and will assist to make appropriate arrangements, if your program area has information to pass on to landlords such as:
- office closures,
- building maintenance issues,
- janitorial concerns, or
- scheduling of services such as day court.
SaskBuilds and Procurement is also providing the following informational materials to ministries for use in government workspaces:
Any questions or concerns regarding these services can be directed to your SaskBuilds and Procurement Building Manager or Tenant Representative.