Updated February 24, 2022
As we transition to living with COVID-19, the Operations and Service Delivery Division of the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement (SBP) remains committed to supporting effective building operations and maintenance including regular management of cleaning contracts.
Below are SBP's actions to ensure appropriate cleaning in government-occupied workspaces, both owned and leased:
- SBP will ensure janitorial service providers in government owned and leased spaces adhere to regular cleaning standards;
- SBP's Building Managers can continue to facilitate deep cleaning, disinfection and fogging, at the request of ministry client representatives with costs to be billed back to the client.
- SBP uses the highest quality HVAC filter systems in our current operations, which are all designed, installed and maintained based on engineering specifications. This includes preventative maintenance of HVAC systems and proper and regular replacement of all filters.
- It is up to individual office occupants to supply their own hand sanitizer.
The cleaning contract does not include surface cleaning of individual workstations. Employees are responsible for cleaning and disinfecting their desks and desktop equipment. Items that employees are responsible to clean include:
- surfaces in an employee cubicle or office
- items such as keyboards, computer accessories, phones, photocopiers and printers
- personal items
SBP's Building Managers are responsible for managing all building leases, including day use leases. The Building Manager is the key contact and will assist to make appropriate arrangements, if your program area has information to pass on to landlords such as:
- office closures,
- building maintenance issues
- janitorial concerns
- scheduling of services such as day court
SBP and the Public Service Commission are also providing the following informational materials to ministries for use in government workspaces:
Any questions or concerns regarding these services can be directed to your SBP Building Manager or Tenant Representative.
Employees can contact their SBP Building Manager or Tenant Representative with building operations, maintenance or cleaning questions.
Back to main COVID-19 page