Are you having password woes? As Government employees, we have a lot of passwords to remember for all the various applications we use in our daily work. We have noticed a lot of employees are messaging the Taskroom email for help with passwords. The Taskroom team is not able to reset passwords but luckily in many cases you can reset them yourself.
If you need to reset a password, please use the links below for a quick overview of how to reset common account passwords. For more detailed information, you can also check the in-depth Password Reset Guide. This guide is on the Help page of Taskroom in case you find yourself in need of password support in the future. You can also find it as part of the How do I – reset my password task.
Passwords are an important part of effective IT security. Here are some password tricks and tips:
- Adding numbers, special characters, and uppercase letters add complexity.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- Do not share or write down your passwords.
- Check out the Strong Passwords poster.
- Login/user name – this is your five-digit employee number (located on your paystub).
- How to reset the password – Select the "Forgot Password?" button on the PSC Client homepage. You will be emailed a temporary password so you can log in and set a new password.
- Still having trouble? –Contact the HR Service Centre at HRSC@gov.sk.ca or 306-798-0000 or 1-877-852-5808.
- Login/user name – this is your Government of Saskatchewan account login for your computer and network access. It's typically the first letter of your first name and first six letters of your last name, i.e. tjohnso or jsmith and in some cases it may also have a number kanders3
- How to reset the password – Use the self-service password manager tool to easily reset your password or unlock your account. Click the "Forgot my password" button on your Government of Saskatchewan login screen. From there, you can configure the tool as a first time user or answer your security questions to reset your password.
- Note: For Windows 10 users, click "Sign in options" and click the key icon on the right.
- Login/user name – this is the same as your Government of Saskatchewan account login i.e. tjohnso or jsmith or kanders3
- How to reset the password – Select the "Forgot Password?" button on the Learn homepage. You will be emailed a temporary password so you can log in and set a new password.
If you have suggestions for additional systems to be added to the guide you can send them to Taskroom and we will work to have them added to the Password Reset Guide.