After 17 months, 42 buildings, and 6,474 phone lines, the IBC Project Team is celebrating the wrap up of Phase One. All Centrex IP phones across the province have been transitioned to SaskTel's Integrated Business Communications (IBC) phone system.
Replacing an end-of-life phone system was no small feat and would not have been possible without all the hard work and support from telephone coordinators, office administrators, ministry sponsor teams, building operators, and countless others. The Project Team would like to thank everyone who contributed. The project was a massive undertaking, involving:
- 6,474 lines converted in 42 buildings across seven cities;
- 9,619 SaskTel technician work hours;
- 428 meetings with customers and team members;
- 101 training sessions; and
- and 16,547 visits to the Taskroom website.
Along the way the project team asked for customer feedback and 458 users participated in the survey. Highlights from user feedback include:
- 86 per cent of users believed the IBC deployment went well;
- 87 per cent of users would recommend IBC to a colleague;
- 93 per cent of users said IBC is the same or better than Centrex; and
- the top adjectives used to describe the new phone service were easy to use, new and clean.
One lucky participant was selected to receive a $25 gift card for completing the survey. Congratulations to Raeanne Anderson from Ministry of Social Services! Thank you to everyone who took the time to share information about their experience.
With Phase One in the rear view mirror, the IBC Project Team is gearing up to begin Phase Two. This phase will focus on replacing Centrex (copper landline) across the province. Stayed tuned for updates on Taskroom.
Looking for a comprehensive training session? The IBC Project Team is offering online training for the IBC phone system, covering an overview of the phone set, desktop application and user portal website. Sessions will be offered on the first Wednesday morning and third Thursday afternoon of the month.
- Wednesday, April 1 at 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Thursday, April 16 at 2 – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 6 at 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Thursday, May 21 at 2 – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 3 at 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Thursday, June 17 at 2 – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 16 at 2 – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 5 at 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Thursday, August 20 at 2 – 3:30 p.m.
Sessions are booked for 90 minutes to accommodate extra time for user questions. The presentation portion is approximately 35 – 45 minutes. Email email@example.com to register.
Need a refresher on everything your IBC phone can do? Check out the IBC Phone System page for a full selection of guides, and the IBC Help Poster page for quick tips and tricks.
If you have any questions or feedback, contact the IBC Project Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have yet to receive a new IBC telephone, you may be seeing one soon. Phase two is in its initial planning stages.
More information about IBC telephones and the project itself can be found on Taskroom.