you completed the mandatory Substance Use and the Workplace training? You need
to complete it by October 31.
What you need to do
The Public Service Commission has a new policy that addresses substances that can impact an employee's ability to be fit for duty. The new PS 805 Substance Use and the Workplace is now in effect. The previous policies under PS 805 Employee and Family Assistance Plan have been sunset.
- The policy covers all substances, including alcohol, recreational cannabis, illegal drugs, illicit drugs, prescription drugs, authorized cannabis and over-the-counter medications.
- The policy applies to all Government of Saskatchewan employees, including students, volunteers and contractors, and to all government workplaces, as defined in the policy.
- Employees are expected to be fit for duty and to remain so for the duration of any period they carry out duties, or may be expected to carry out duties.
- Fit for duty means that an employee's performance is not altered or affected by the use of a substance as defined in the policy.
- The PS 705 Employee Accommodation is in place to help managers/supervisors identify accommodation options for employees.
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program is available for confidential, short-term counselling.
ResourcesRelated Policies and Programs