The Saskatchewan public service has a number of employee networks in place to assist all employees with learning more about the workplace, growing their careers, and building connections to enable success.
These networks offer employees an opportunity to meet and discuss experiences and ideas with like-minded individuals.
Follow the links below to find more about each employee network.
The mission of the Disability Support Network (DSN) is to recognize and support the unique needs of employees with a disability. DSN exists for Government of Saskatchewan employees with disabilities to collectively reach their career potential and meet their need for information, networking, and support.
The DSN values:
ObjectiveTo be a network open to all persons with disabilities employed by the Government of Saskatchewan, and to provide networking, support and education to employees with disabilities in Executive Government and strengthen their attachment to the public service. If you have any questions about DSN events or membership, please email email@example.com.
- Workplace diversity;
- Group decision-making;
- Peer support;
- Open information sharing; and
- An inclusive and supportive work environment.
If you are interested in joining this employee network, please fill out the DSN Membership Application Form.
Engaging and Developing Government Employees, or EDGE, is a network that has been created to provide leadership and development opportunities for young employees in the Saskatchewan public service.
If you are interested in joining this employee network, please go to the EDGE Network page for more information.
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender people plus all other gender and sexually diverse persons and their allies (LGBT+) Network strives to help build an LGBT+ inclusive and respectful work environment by empowering, educating, and engaging employees within the Government of Saskatchewan.
- Empower LGBT+ employees to build a culture of inclusion through the sharing of knowledge and experiences through networking and learning opportunities.
- Encourage LGBT+ allies to associate with the network and support its goals.
- Educate Government of Saskatchewan employees about LGBT+ issues to build a culture of inclusion and create a welcome environment for all employees and clients.
- Review Government of Saskatchewan policies, procedures, communications, programs and other initiatives to ensure they are LGBT+ inclusive for employees and clients.
- Engage and partner with other organizations to build a culture of inclusion within the Government of Saskatchewan and the broader community.
The LGBT+ Network is open to any Government of Saskatchewan employee who self-identifies as LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender plus all other gender and sexually diverse persons) and/or as an ally.
If you are interested in receiving future updates regarding this network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All communication with the LGBT+ Network is private and confidential.
For more information, please go to the LGBT+ Network page.
The Saskatchewan Visible Minority Employee Association is dedicated to promoting equal opportunities in employment of Visible Minorities working for the Government of Saskatchewan.
Vision: The Government of Saskatchewan is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all visible minorities are recognized within the public service.
Mission: Support professional development and career advancement opportunities for visible minorities throughout the Government of Saskatchewan.
- To provide a forum for visible minority employees to network and exchange ideas;
- To support the career advancement of visible minority employees through learning and development opportunities;
- To provide advice to senior leaders on opportunities for increasing visible minority employee engagement and inclusiveness in the workplace; and
- To provide information, education and awareness sessions on visible minority cultures and customs to interested members of the Saskatchewan Public Service.
If you have any questions about SVMEA events or membership, please email email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining this employee network, please fill out the SVMEA Membership Application Form.