The Saskatchewan public service has a number of employee networks in place to assist all employees with learning more about the workplace, growing their careers, and building connections to enable success.
These networks offer employees an opportunity to meet and discuss experiences and ideas with like-minded individuals.
Follow the links below to find more about each employee network.
The mission of the Disability Support Network (DSN) is to recognize and support the unique needs of employees with a disability. DSN exists for Government of Saskatchewan employees with disabilities to assist them in reaching their career potential by meeting their need for information, networking, support and by assisting the Government of Saskatchewan in creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. DSN is open to all employees interested in learning about disabilities and creating an inclusive workplace.
The DSN values:
- Workplace diversity;
- Group decision-making;
- Peer support;
- Open information sharing; and
- An inclusive and supportive work environment.
To be a network open to all persons with and without disabilities employed by the Government of Saskatchewan, and to provide networking, support and education about disabilities to all employees in Executive Government and strengthen their attachment to the public service through creating educational and networking opportunities and an inclusive workplace.
If you have any questions about DSN or would like to join this network in events or membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Engaging and Developing Government Employees, or EDGE, is a network that has been created to provide leadership and development opportunities for young employees in the Saskatchewan public service.
If you are interested in joining this employee network, please go to the EDGE Network page
for more information.
The Pride Alliance Network strives to create a culture of inclusion for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Two-Spirit, and other gender and sexually diverse (LGBTQ+) employees within the Government of Saskatchewan.
- Establish a community for LGBTQ+ employees for socializing, networking and supporting one another.
- Empower LGBTQ+ employees and their organizations to build a culture of inclusion within the Government of Saskatchewan through the sharing of knowledge and experiences by way of networking and learning opportunities.
- Encourage LGBTQ+ allies to engage with the network and support its goals.
- Educate Government of Saskatchewan employees about LGBTQ+ issues to build a culture of inclusion and create a welcoming environment for all employees and clients.
- Evaluate Government of Saskatchewan policies, procedures, communications, programs and other initiatives to ensure they are LGBTQ+ inclusive for employees and clients.
The Pride Alliance Network is open to any Government of Saskatchewan employee who either identifies as LGBTQ+ or supports the vision, mandate and objectives of the Pride Alliance Network.
If you are interested in learning about what's new or getting involved, please visit the Pride Alliance Network page on Staffroom or email pridealliance
email@example.com. All communication with the Pride Alliance Network is private and confidential.
The Saskatchewan Visible Minority Employee Association is dedicated to promoting equal opportunities in employment of Visible Minorities working for the Government of Saskatchewan.
Vision: The Government of Saskatchewan is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all visible minorities are recognized within the public service.
Mission: Support professional development and career advancement opportunities for visible minorities throughout the Government of Saskatchewan.
- To provide a forum for visible minority employees to network and exchange ideas;
- To support the career advancement of visible minority employees through learning and development opportunities;
- To provide advice to senior leaders on opportunities for increasing visible minority employee engagement and inclusiveness in the workplace; and
- To provide information, education and awareness sessions on visible minority cultures and customs to interested members of the Saskatchewan Public Service.
If you have any questions about SVMEA events or membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining this employee network, please fill out the SVMEA Membership Application Form.