Sign In

Need to travel for work? We’ve got you covered. However, short-term rentals are for 14 days or less. If a vehicle is needed for longer than 14 days, please consider an assigned vehicle. The Central Vehicle Agency (CVA), located within the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement, operates a pool of vehicles that employees can access on a short-term basis. Each organization has a group of Vehicle Coordinators who help facilitate bookings on behalf of their respective organizations. Vehicle Coordinators are your go-to contacts if you have any questions about how to book a vehicle.

To learn more about this service, use the links below to jump to the content:  

How to book a vehicle

The first thing you need to determine is where you will be booking the vehicle. CVA has a number of service locations across the province and has also negotiated a contract for rental service from a third party vendor for certain locations. 

Saskatoon, Prince Albert, North Battleford, Regina, Moose Jaw and Swift Current

Short-term vehicle rentals in these communities are provided by Enterprise Rent-A-Car.  Please refer to:

Enterprise now has a mailbox available for Government clients to provide feedback on short-term rentals; GOSFEEDBACK@EHI.CA.

Enterprise continues to do what is necessary to prevent the transmission of all viruses by thoroughly disinfecting all vehicles after use. Enterprise employees are directed to wash their hands consistently and cough into their elbows when needed. Their employees are to avoid shaking hands and to stay home if they are not feeling well.

Enterprise cleans and sanitizes vehicles between every rental, following best practices recommended by leading health authorities to ensure your safety. For more information, click HERE.

Yorkton, Kindersley, Weyburn and La Ronge
Short-term vehicle rentals in these communities are provided by the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurements' Central Vehicle Agency. To book vehicles, please see  the instructions below. 

Requesting to be a driver 
To book a vehicle from CVA you must first be a registered driver in FleetWave®, CVA’s online booking system. Your organization’s Vehicle Coordinator will need to help you set up a driver account and confirm your supervisor’s approval. Once you are a registered driver you will be able to book vehicles as required. For more information, please see the Pool Driver Training Manual.

Booking a vehicle 
Once you have a driver account, you will be able to book a vehicle using FleetWave®. Full step-by-step instructions can be found in the Pool Driver Training Manual. We ask that bookings be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. If you require a specialty vehicle like a truck or multi-passenger van please provide as much notice as possible to help ensure availability. 

When booking a vehicle you will need to: 
  • Know your FleetWave® login information 
  • Know your billing unit information (you can get this from your Vehicle Coordinator) 
  • Know which location you want to book from 
  • Know which type of vehicle you will need
  • Have a valid driver’s licence

Picking up a vehicle
Once you have made an online booking, your vehicle will be ready and waiting at the location you requested. Business hours vary by location so be sure to check the Pool Depot Location to ensure you know when each CVA location is open. When picking up your vehicle you will be asked to show your valid driver’s licence. You will be given a fuel card to use for purchasing fuel for the vehicle. For more information about fuel cards please see the Operator's Handbook or the Fuel Card Guide. You will also be given a Vehicle Operator Checklist Form to use for pre and post vehicle inspections.

*Please note CVA vehicles come equipped with winter tires (when necessary), a snow brush and extension cord. Drivers are encouraged to bring along any safety equipment required for winter or remote travel including roadside safety kit, food and water, appropriate clothing etc. 

In the event that you have an accident in a pool rental vehicle, simultaneously notify Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) and complete the Accident Report. Please submit the completed accident report to the CVA  Accident Clerk. Please see the Operator's Handbook for more information. 

Returning the vehicle 
Vehicles should be returned with at least 3/4 of a tank of gas and all fuel receipts. If you are unable to drop off your vehicle during business hours, after-hours drop offs are available in some locations. See Pool Depot Locations for details. Please notify your pool operator if you require an after-hours drop off and your pool operator will provide you with a drop off envelope. Please record your kilometres and place it in the envelope with the vehicle keys and gas receipt. The envelope can then be left in the drop off box at the lot where the car is returned.

Driver resources

CVA has a number of resources for drivers. 
  • The Operator's Handbook provides information for drivers including FAQs, tips for safe driving, information about fuel cards, instructions for reporting accidents along with other useful information. Each vehicle has a copy of the Operators Handbook in the glovebox. 
  • The Green Driving Guide provides information about how you can help lessen the impact government’s fleet has on the environment and how you can practice responsible driving.
  • Mission Zero Stickers 

All of CVA’s rental vehicles come with a Mission Zero safety sticker. These serve as a reminder for drivers to stay safe while behind the wheel. 

Expense reimbursement

The Reimbursement Request Form must be completed when seeking reimbursement for purchases made for a vehicle when conventional methods of payment are not available and the driver has paid-out-of-pocket. For more information about vehicle credit cards please see the Operator's Handbook or the Fuel Card GuideFor any non-CVA related expense incurred for work related travel please reference the Public Service Commission policies for more information. 

Vehicle Coordinators

Vehicle Coordinators are employees within each organization that help coordinate vehicle bookings, billing and reporting on behalf of their respective organization. Employees are encouraged to contact their Vehicle Coordinator if they have questions or concerns specific to vehicle needs in their ministry. For current or new Vehicle Coordinators, there is pool training available here: Vehicle Coordinator Pool Training Manual; Vehicle Coordinator Pool Training FAQ. 
CVA, Central Vehicle Agency, pool, pool vehicle, pool rentals, rental, vehicle rental, short term rental, daily rental, car, truck, SUV, van, vehicle coordinator, FleetWave, CVA service locations, service locations, fuel card, pool driver, pool driver training manual, driver, drivers licence, mileage
Make arrangements to travel for work 

Contact information 

If you have any questions or require more information please contact: 

Central Vehicle Agency – Main Office 
500 McLeod Street
Regina, SK
S4N 4Y1
Phone 306-787-6902*
Toll free 1-877-787-6902*
*Please note that this number requires 10-digit dialing. 

Business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

For information regarding highway driving conditions, please follow the Highways Hotline link

For information regarding traffic safety training, please visit the Saskatchewan Safety Council.

 Related Documents